Notes of interest:
- Plan to join us for our end-of-season class party on June 8
Reeling Around will play the following dances that night:
- The Branch AGM will be Saturday, May 6, at the Michael Solomon. The AGM is an interesting meeting and there is a dance too! Be sure to send your proxy if you are not planning on attending. Details are on the website under the events calendar. There will be proxies in class next week.
- Sue Wartell and Laura Russell will be teaching at Central Ohio Folk Festival again this year. On Sunday afternoon, May 7, from 2-3 pm, HnT will be sharing the stage with the English country dancers for some audience participation dance. This was fun last year, and if you can join us (“ringers” never hurt), that would be great. Our time slot is 2-2:50. Details online at http://www.columbusfolkmusicsociety.org/COFF/coff.html
- Diane Klann is organizing the SCD at the Ohio Scottish Games this year. Be sure to let her know if you can dance a dance! The website has details and briefs on the events calendar.
Gates-Fourth United Methodist Church (Map)
1234 South 4th Street
Columbus, Ohio 43206
Thursdays, 7:30 – 9:30
2016 Class Dates
September 15 – 22 – 29
October 6 – 13 – 20* – 27
November 10 – 17
December 1 – 8**
2017 Class Dates
5 – 12 – 19 – 26
February 2 – 9 – 16 – 23
March 2 – 9 – 16 – 23 – 30
April 6 – 13 –
20 – 27
May 4 – 11 – 18 – 25
June 1 – 8**
* = HnT All-Group Meeting (meet at 7:30-8:30; dancing afterwards)
** = HnT Class Party Night
If you are traveling to join us, check to be sure we will be dancing. We sometimes (although rarely) cancel in the event of hazardous road conditions or other unusual circumstances, so if you are concerned, call or email.
For class information, contact
Laura Russell by email
or by phone at
The Heather’N’Thistle Workshop and Ball will not be held in 2017.
We are hoping to add a few smaller events over the next few months. Stay tuned. And if you have ideas, contact Laura or Sue.
We generally do several demos each year, including the Tartan Day celebration in Reynoldsburg, OH in early April. Tartan Day 2017 is scheduled for April ?, and we plan to be dancing.
H ‘n’ T GALLERY
Always under construction
Click on any thumbnail to see the photo larger – use arrows on the photo or keyboard to see others.
The following links to videos of Scottish Country Dancing (SCD) on the web will give you an idea of what it is that we do. These videos show a range of dancing groups, many of them highly skilled. Don’t get discouraged; you don’t need to have a kilt or a ballgown or any other special costume, nor to know the steps before you come. Part of being a member group of the RSCDS is a commitment to the teaching of the dancing. The best way to find out about SCD is to come and join us.